If you love, adore the moon. If you rob, steal a camel.




Stories for the Long Silk Road

Friday, April 11, 2014

Perry L. Powell: Collateral

You are a drone outside my window.   I am hiding, crouched down in the bath tub with the shower curtain closed.  You are buzzing like an angry bee.  I piss my pants.  The liquid is cold under my seat and I shiver and bite my teeth.  You slam into the glass panes and I am sure they  will shatter from the impact.  Or maybe you will fire hellfire missiles. And I don’t know who sent you; I don’t know why you are here or what I have done...  Why me?  I am a civilized man, a gentle person.  I have never hurt anyone.  My shadow is on the curtain.  Somehow it seems a reproach.  Finally I decide I have to confront you.  I part the curtain and step over the side of the tub.  I am ready to be brave.

Suddenly, there is a loud noise, as if heaven itself were breaking apart.  You have exploded for no reason.  The light warms the window panes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Silk Road Mantra

by Suchoon Mo


bury me not

in the lone Silk Road

I go and go

from west to east


I go and go

from east to west

bury me not

in the lone Silk Road

Notice


As of June 25, 2015, The Bactrian Room is closed to submissions.



Citizenship

Search This Blog

Notice of Copyrights


Original material on this site is copyrighted by the authors and artists. No material may be copied or reused without the permission of the respective author or artist.